An increasingly complex pharmaceutical environment requires powerful, strategic tools and with demands for instant service from a Web-based world, Network Management becomes a tool for survival and growth. With our strategic solutions for pharmaceutical companies, you can improve service and enhance your competitive standing.
The realities of today’s Pharmaceutical environment–increased cost pressures, mergers, acquisitions, and an unpredictable economy–may require a change in business strategy to succeed. Pharmaceutical companies are utilizing network management as a strategic tool to remain competitive.
With our strategic solutions for pharmaceutical companies, you can delegate selected IT functions and create more time and resources to focus on drug research and development:
- Distributed systems – From desktop systems, midrange and distributed systems to high-end server operations, we can effectively manage and support any – or all-areas of IT.
- Applications development and management – we can assume responsibility for your organization’s application development and maintenance needs.
- Network management and support – i3 Software can manage, operate and maintain your business networks-including data, voice and video networks-and related functions and support processes.
- Data center – i3 Software can assume operation of your entire data center-or just selected areas, based on your organization’s specific needs.
- e-business hosting services – we can design, implement, manage and maintain your Web site and integrate the related infrastructure with your business applications and databases.
- Compliance -i3 Software can provide an outsourced remote administration environment that will assist clients in their effort to address regulatory issues.
i3 Software with its Tivoli® Netcool® portfolio provides real-time management and visibility of complex enterprise environments from high level service views to the underlying infrastructure dependencies. By combining highly scalable event consolidation, and correlation with business impact analysis, the Netcool suite helps organizations proactively manage critical applications and services and control operations costs. The Tivoli Netcool portfolio offers real-time dashboards with integrated business and IT metrics to enable organizations to achieve predictive service management and true strategic business planning. Tivoli/Netcool Solutions provides;
- Faster problem resolution by quickly pinpointing the source of network and application performance issues to reduce MTTR and the financial risk of downtime.
- High availability of business-critical banking applications and networks through end-to-end response time monitoring and management.
- Improved reliability by providing real-time visibility into how network traffic is impacting application performance.
- Increased security by identifying anomalous behavior and unauthorized activity on sensitive networks.
- Reduced costs and complexity of network management by providing the only comprehensive network performance management solution that combines end-to-end application response time monitoring, network traffic analysis, long-term packet capture, network traffic flow, device performance, and voice and video quality of experience.
- Scalability to support the volume of flow data typical in the world’s largest banks, providing real-time visibility into network traffic throughout the enterprise.
Solutions for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Consolidated Operations Management
- Application Management
- Server, Network and Device Management
- Business Service Management
- Asset Management
- Appliance Offering (Can be tailored as per the customer’s need)
i3 successfully helped one of the world’s largest Generic Pharmaceutical Products Manufacturers to upgrade its IT Infrastructure for growth and more efficient problem resolution.
PAIN: Scalability of IT infrastructure due to expedited and substantial growth through acquisition. Customer already had many dispersed locations in the US, but increased its Operational footprint through the acquisition of another leading Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturer with European and Asia-Pacific operations. Being able to scale to the amount of alarms coming from the dispersed and disparate systems, applications, and tools became an immediate priority.
SOLUTION: Netcool Omnibus. Scalability and consolidation of alarms and deployed as a Manager of Managers. Efficient centralized platform to handle notifications/escalations.
PAIN: No visibility into the entire Network Topology. Customer had limited capabilities via other tools.
SOLUTION: Netcool ITNM (Network Manager – formerly Precision). Automated discovery and mapping of the entire new network and domains.
PAIN: Too much time for problem resolution. Customer had to look into multiple consoles from multiple tools and wanted to have a cohesive view and be able to better determine and handle the most critical of alarms across a heterogeneous and much dispersed environment to improve response time.
SOLUTION: Netcool WebTop and Omnibus.
This Customer is now more efficiently managing over 500 servers and network devices worldwide – in addition to handling thousands of alarms. Netcool and other Tivoli monitoring components are directly responsible for the current decommissioning of Argent’s Guardian and the better utilization and integration of their use of elemental tool Solarwinds.